With the arrival of winter season skin care routines are also going to be changed. A lot of people face the problem of skin dryness in fall due to less humidity, indoor heating systems etc. People having sensitive, combination or dry skins are mostly affected by dry skin conditions in winters. So people having dry skin should change their dry skin care routine also with the change of season. Skin dryness should be prevented or treated properly as dry skin is more prone to wrinkles. The harsh cold weather also proves more damaging for dry skin as it may cause irritation, itching, flake formation, cracks, pigmentation etc. So, dry skin requires extra care in cold weather. Today we are sharing some tips for skin care in winters especially for dry skin.
1. Avoid too much face washing. Never use hot water for shower or face washing but use warm water as hot water can rinse oils from your skin and may increase dryness.
2. Use soft cotton cloths, tissues etc. for drying after washing. Hard cloth or towel can cause rashes on dry skin. Wet tissues are best for dry skin.
3. Water intake usually reduced in summers but try to drink water even if you don’t feel thirsty, drinking excess of water can reduce skin dryness.
4. You can take capsules made of fish oils having omega 3 fatty acids. According to a recent research they decrease skin dryness.
Use of Moisturizers in winters:
Moisturizers are also called emollients sometimes. These are used for dry skin as they reduce dryness because they form layer on skin which reduces evaporation of water from skin. Many ingredients are also added in moisturizing products to make skin soft, and hydrated. For dry skin or cracked skin in winters used heavy moisturizers should be used containing lanolin, wax, anti-oxidants, Petroleum jelly, natural oils etc. Use moisturizing night creams at night before going to bed as they are heavy moisturizer as compare to day creams. Apply moisturizing lotion or cream after every hand wash and after shower use body lotion to prevent dryness due to warm water.
Best moisturizing products for winters:
4. Garnier skin naturals rich nourishment moisturizer
5. Olay Moisturizing Cream
Masks for dry Skin:
Avocado and Yogurt Facial Mask:
Avocado contains vitamin E, as well as other natural oils, so it acts as a very good moisturizer. Blend a ripe and peeled avocado in a blender or food processor. Add four table spoons of yogurt in it and make a smooth paste. Apply it on your face for 10-15 minutes and rinse with fresh water.
Honey & Milk Facial Mask:
Mix two tablespoons of honey with two teaspoons of milk. Apply the sticky mixture to your face for ten to fifteen minutes. Then wash your face with warm water.