Whether you are young like twenty years or old like forty, maintaining a soft younger and healthy skin can be really difficult. When you or someone else touches your skin you would like to feel it being soft and smooth. As people grow the skin develops a number of skin conditions or problems which may include a dry dull skin and open or enlarged pores. Some of these conditions come as result of hormonal changes in the body, skin exposure to intense heat from the sun, having a hot bath or shower, some harsh soaps, a poor nutrition and genetics.
You should be able to know that the beauty of the skin lies in the eyes of the viewer and that healthy skin is one that is free from infection, blemishes and acne. High quality skin care tactics should be used in order to have a young looking healthy skin. In order to stay with a soft younger and healthy wrinkle free skin it is very vital to study the cause which left the skin old and ugly and then implement the preventive tips.
The following are some of the tips that should be implemented in order to get your skin young and smooth in a short span of time.
Tips For Getting Younger & Healthy Skin
According to some health studies, it has been proven that most of the changes that are seen in an ageing skin are as a result of a lifelong exposure to the sun. In order to protect yourself from the sun and have your skin looking younger and healthy, you should do the following.
- When the sun is in its high intensity you should avoid it.
- The sun does most of its damage to the skin the time between 10 in the morning and 4pm in the evening.
- You should limit the time that you spend on the sun during this period.
- Wear some protective clothing. Long sleeved shirts and trousers are preferred as well as a hat that has a wide brim.
- You should Use sunscreen that has a broad spectrum.
Clean your skin on a regular basis and apply moisturizer
Most people who use make up on their skin do not clean it when they go to sleep thus leading to skin damage. Cleaning the skin is important because it removes dirt and bacteria. Clean your skin in the following ways
- You should use warm water but not hot water and take at most fifteen minutes in the shower.
- This is because prolonged exposure of the skin to hot water leads to loss of oils from the skin.
- If your skin is sensitive, you should avoid using the strong soaps. Some irritating additives which include perfumes and dyes should be discouraged.
- The delicate skin should be taken care of the time when you are removing makeup.
- After finishing you should try to pat the skin so that the moisture stays on it.
Get enough and quality sleep
For your skin to look younger and healthy, you should have enough sleep like never before. A little sleep makes your skin to look tired and older even displaying some bags under your eyes. You should avoid stress by doing some aerobic exercises which increase the amount of oxygen in the body, which in turn helps the skin to stay lively. To have enough sleep you should;
- Stick to a regular bedtime routine.
- Take a warm bath before going to bed.
- Avoid heavy meals during the night. Eat at least 3hours before going to bed.
Use home remedies to get soft skin
To keep your skin young and healthy it is advisable you use some natural products that are readily available in your kitchen. For example;
- You should mix some mashed banana with milk. Apply the mixture sparingly on your face and live it for some twenty minutes. You should rinse it off with some cold water.
- Take a few pieces of papaya and mash them. Apply on your skin for some fifteen minutes and then rinse it off.
Take a nutritious diet
A healthy and balanced diet will make your skin to look young and smooth. You should take fresh vegetables, fruits, some fish and eggs and fat free milk among other foods.
Laura Benson is a content writer and a professional blogger from London. She writes about Business, Finance and Health. She is doing research on DWP.